• Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
• Square Footage: 18,500 square feet - maintenance shop
• Original Roof: 26-gauge screw down metal roof
• Replacement Roof: System 1000 Acrylic coating (Click here for more information.)
• Contractor: New Concept Roofing, Inc.
• Date: 2000
The system 1000 metal roof restoration procedure was selected to address leak problems associated with the maintenance shop at this facility. Prevalent rust, loose fasteners and leaks around penetrations were the major contributing factors on this roof. Acrylife red oxide primer was used to prime rusted areas with loose screws replaced with over sized fasteners and coated with the Acrylic base.